It is a Socio - economic index usually designed to measure the relative access to education of males and females. This index is released by UNESCO. (i.e) it is calculated as the quotient of the number of females by the number of males enrolled in a given stage of education (primary, secondary, etc.). It is used by international organizations, particularly in measuring the progress of developing countries.
Question:Mekong Ganga Cooperation is an initiative by India and -View
(a) 5 ASEAN countries
(b) 4 ASEAN countries
(c) 6 ASEAN countries
(d) 3 ASEAN countries
• The MGC is an initiative by India and five ASEAN countries, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam for cooperation in tourism, culture, education, as well as transport and communications.
• It was launched in 2000 at Vientiane, Laos.
Question:Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organization functions under Ministry of -View
• The Union Cabinet has accorded its approval for creation of a non-lapsable pool in the Public Account for secondary and higher education known as “Madhyamik and Uchchtar Shiksha Kosh” (MUSK).
• Under it, all proceeds of secondary and higher education cess will be credited and utilised for the government’s schemes in education sector.
Question:Ease of Doing Business report based on an Enterprise Survey of 3,500 manufacturing firms across Indian states and union territories was conducted by -View
(a) NITI Aayog
(c) World bank
(d) Jointly by a and b
The survey has been conducted, along with the IDFC Institute, to assess the business regulations and enabling environment across India from firms’ perspective.
Question:Consider the following statements about 'S- 400 Triumf' air defense system. Select the correct statements
1.NATO members consider the S-400 a major threat because of its sheer long range.
2.China has bought S-400 missile systems. -View
(a) Only 1
(b) Only 2
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
Answer: C. The S-400 Triumf — NATO calls it SA-21 Growler — is a modern long-range surface-to-air missile (MLR SAM) system developed by Russia. Explanation
Layered defense - It is capable of firing three types of missiles.
Question:Which of the following are provided to Dalits for attaining self- respect & self-dignity?.
1. Equal Protection of Laws
2. Right to freedom of religion
3. Abolition of Titles
4. Right to Constitutional Remedies