(a) a place in Antarctica where potential Uranium reserves have been found out
(b) a place on Mars
(c) a politico-economic situation
(d) a place in Himalayas where potential anti cancerous trees have been found out
This refers to any kind of false structure built to deceive observers into believing that a situation is much better than it actually is. The term has its origin in the fake villages that were constructed by Russian military leader Grigory Potyomkin in the 18th century. In order to woo Empress Catherine the Great, Potyomkin arranged a show of prosperity during her inspection trip to Crimea in 1787 after the acquisition of new land in Crimea and other regions following Russia’s victory over the Ottoman empire. He made the situation on the ground look better than it was by erecting replicas of pretty towns and fancy fireworks.
Consider the following statements about G 20. Select the correct statements.
1. Its a forum of governments and central bank governors from 20 major economies.
It is a Socio - economic index usually designed to measure the relative access to education of males and females. This index is released by UNESCO. (i.e) it is calculated as the quotient of the number of females by the number of males enrolled in a given stage of education (primary, secondary, etc.). It is used by international organizations, particularly in measuring the progress of developing countries.
Question:Mekong Ganga Cooperation is an initiative by India and -View
(a) 5 ASEAN countries
(b) 4 ASEAN countries
(c) 6 ASEAN countries
(d) 3 ASEAN countries
• The MGC is an initiative by India and five ASEAN countries, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam for cooperation in tourism, culture, education, as well as transport and communications.
• It was launched in 2000 at Vientiane, Laos.
Question:Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organization functions under Ministry of -View
• The Union Cabinet has accorded its approval for creation of a non-lapsable pool in the Public Account for secondary and higher education known as “Madhyamik and Uchchtar Shiksha Kosh” (MUSK).
• Under it, all proceeds of secondary and higher education cess will be credited and utilised for the government’s schemes in education sector.
Question:Ease of Doing Business report based on an Enterprise Survey of 3,500 manufacturing firms across Indian states and union territories was conducted by -View
(a) NITI Aayog
(c) World bank
(d) Jointly by a and b
The survey has been conducted, along with the IDFC Institute, to assess the business regulations and enabling environment across India from firms’ perspective.
Question:Consider the following statements about 'S- 400 Triumf' air defense system. Select the correct statements
1.NATO members consider the S-400 a major threat because of its sheer long range.
2.China has bought S-400 missile systems. -View
(a) Only 1
(b) Only 2
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
Answer: C. The S-400 Triumf — NATO calls it SA-21 Growler — is a modern long-range surface-to-air missile (MLR SAM) system developed by Russia. Explaination
Layered defense - It is capable of firing three types of missiles.