96A 4th Avenue AF-block,Anna Nagar (W),Ch-40.Shanti Clny Rd [Adj.SBI RETAIL BANKING BRANCH].
FAL Convention of International Maritime Organisation is related to
(a) Facilitation of International Maritime Traffic
(b) Fostering Anti-Piracy Cooperation among the member countries
(c) Prohibition of cargo traffic in Northwest passage through Arctic Ocean
(d) Prevention of hunting of Endangered marine mammals
Consider the following statements regarding 'Enemy properties':
1. These are properties that were left behind by the people who took citizenship of Pakistan, China, Afghanistan and Myanmar.
2. Uttar Pradesh has highest number of enemy properties in the country.
3. These properties were vested under the control of Ministry of Defence.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 2 only
(c) 1 and 3 only
(d) 2 and 3 only
Kessler effect / syndrome seen recently in news is related to
(a) A genetic disorder which affects the movement of head
(b) Generation of space debris due to collision between objects in Low Earth Orbit
(c) Accumulation of large amount of junk data in internet servers due to excessive social media usage
(d) Reduction of carrying capacity of earth due to over exploitation of natural resources
Which of the following statements is/are correct regarding the 'Island Protection Zone (IPZ)' 2019 recently notified by the Government?
1. The notification allows for construction of roads in eco-sensitive zones.
2. It allows eco-tourism projects 20 meters from the high tide line for all islands in Andaman and Nicobar group.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
(a) 1 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
(b) 2 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
What is GRAPES- 3, which was recently seen in News?
(a) It is an advanced food processing facility to be established in Haryana with Italian collaboration.
(b) It is a variety of genetically modified grapes developed by Andhra University against the fruit borer insect.
(c) It is a muon telescope facility in ooty that has measured the electrical potential, size and height of a thundercloud for the first time in the world.
(d) It is the world's biggest electromagnet installed at Large Hadron Collider facility for detection of Higgs-Boson particle.
Which of the statements regarding 'Transports Internationaux Routiers' (TIR) Convention is/are correct?
1. It is an international transit system under the auspices of the United Nations Economic Commission for Asia-Pacific.
2. It facilitates the seamless movement of goods only amongst the Parties to the Convention.
3. India is a party to the Convention.
Consider the following statements regarding 'Pradhan Mantri Shram-Yogi Maandhan Yojana' (PM-SYM):
1. It is a voluntary and contributory pension scheme for workers in the unorganised sector.
2. Workers with with income of less than Rs 15,000 per month and who belong to the entry age group of 18-40 years will be eligible for the scheme.
Consider the following statements regarding 'BOLD–QIT' project:
1. It is a project to install technical systems under the Comprehensive Integrated Border Management System (CIBMS).
2. It has been inaugurated at the Indo-Bangladesh border in Dhubri District of Assam.
© crackingias.com 2018