96A 4th Avenue AF-block,Anna Nagar (W),Ch-40.Shanti Clny Rd [Adj.SBI RETAIL BANKING BRANCH].
Consider the following statements regarding 'World Water Day':
1. World Water Day was officially announced on Rio+20 Summit in 2012.
2. World Water Development Report is released by UNEP every year around World Water Day.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
Consider the following statements regarding 'Wetlands':
1. It can be either artificial or natural, permanent or seasonal.
2. It occurs naturally on every continent.
3. Intertidal zone is included under the definition of wetland.
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 1 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
Which of the following are adaptation of plants to tundra region?
1. Growing under a layer of snow
2. Growing close together and low to the ground
3. Perennial in nature
4. Cup-shaped flowers
(a) 1, 2 and 4 only
(b) 2 and 4 only
(c) 2, 3 and 4 only
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
(b) 1, 2 and 3 only
(c) 1, 2 and 4 only
(d) All of the above
(b) 3 and 4 only
(c) 3 only
(d) 4 only
(a) 1 and 3 only
Which of the following best describes the term 'Carrying Capacity'?
(a) An environment with maximum population size of the species that can be sustained indefinitely.
(b) The number of animals of a particular species that can live in a well defined ecosystem.
(c) The amount of water a tree can hold in a particular environment.
(d) The extent to which an environment can tolerate the pollution with out affecting the fauna and flora.
Which one of the following best describes the term ‘Crepuscular animals’?
(a) Animals that are active primarily during twilight hours
(b) Animals that go into a very deep sleep during winter
(c) Animals that go into dormancy during hot times of year to conserve energy
(d) Animals that are active primarily during daytime
© crackingias.com 2018